Monday, August 1, 2011

Just Breathe

Maybe it's because I don't really have anything to do right now. I feel in a little bit of a funk. Work starts for me on Wednesday, well I have some training for work, but that will be good to have something to do.

One of my roommates served her mission in Madagascar and I've taken one of her books in order to attempt to learn Malagasy. So far I haven't learned a whole lot. The language has rules, but apparently it doesn't follow the rules. Pronunciation doesn't seem to follow all of its rules either. It is a little frustrating. And there isn't a whole lot of information online either. There aren't a whole lot of people dying to learn Malagasy. But I think it's cool and I'd love to talk a little with my roommate. I think that she'd like that too.

Whenever I feel in a funk I always try to look for things to do for other people. There are some girls in the ward that have gone gluten free. I made them some gluten-free chocolate chip cookies Sunday before last, but still haven't taken them. I have been trying to come up with a clever note that will inspire them to pay it forward. So far I've been at a loss for what to say in the note. Everything I've tried to come up with is either too cheesy or just silly.

Today was one of those days where I just had to remind myself, "Hey, you're ok. You'll be fine. Just breathe."

No comments:

Post a Comment