Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yanaguana

New place, new blog.

I've embarked on a new journey in San Antonio, Texas. It took me some time to decide what the new blog should be titled and how the blog should look. In a way moving is a way to start over for me in a few areas. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to blogging more often. I just bought a new computer with an awesome hard drive, more RAM than I know what to do with, and some new photo/video editing software. Two of my soon-to-be new roommates are IT people for USAA. Hopefully if I have any blogging questions they can help out. There are still a lot of things that I don't know how to do. I see some blogs and think "oh I like that. I want to do that on mine". But generally I don't know how to go about doing it.

Yanaguana. Names are a big deal for me. Sometimes I don't know how I'll ever name my children because there is so much meaning behind a name. At least there should be. Yanaguana is the first recorded name for this place that is now called San Antonio. You can read about it (it's a short read) here.

The natives found in what is now San Antonio called the river Yanaguana.

You can see the deep (no pun intended) meaning in such a name for the blog. Into the Yanaguana. I'm plunging into a new place, a new journey, a new life. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment