Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kindness

For whatever reason there have been kindness-promoting posters up at one of the schools I'm at. One in particular caught my eye. "I believe in the magic of kindness" it read. Kindness is quite a magical thing. It is hard and soft at the same time. It is a little thing that sometimes comes at a great price. And Paul said of kindness' big sister charity, that without it nothing else matters. I think that kindness is important.

I want to be kind. I want to have charity for everyone all the time, but that isn't always easy. I struggle with pride. I struggle with jealousy, doubt, insecurity, fear, loneliness, and depression, just to name a few. It is hard for me to be kind to someone that isn't kind back. It is hard for me to be kind when I feel used because I feel stupid for having been so gullible as to allow someone to use me.
But I do believe in the magic of kindness. I believe that it can change hearts, even in the age when men's hearts are failing them. I believe that kindness is the path the savior walked, even when it cut his feet. Kindness is about something powerful and mighty. It is one of those small things that makes great things come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment